General HomeBuy Rules
It is sometimes the case that only people with local connections including working and living requirements and family needs, have access to homes provided by the local authority area within which the properties are located.
The majority of HomeBuy properties are reserved for first time buyers, despite this there are some restrictions and requirements on the property to make it specifically available to qualifying key workers.
Furthermore the Social HomeBuy scheme is only on offer to current members of local authority and housing association schemes.
Specific eligibility information is usually set out within the property marketing information packs attained from local authorities.
What to do if you want to apply?
Primarily, a person should contact their local housing authority or their local HomeBuy Agency, both of these work in conjunction with local authorities, their aim is to provide financially affordable HomeBuy schemes to people in need of housing who would not be able to do it alone.
The local HomeBuy Agent will evaluate your application and advise you of all the HomeBuy options for which you may be eligible.
Equity Loan Mortgage Calculator
Whether you're a first-time buyer or already a property owner you could buy a new home with a small deposit of 5%, heres how.
How Help to Buy Equity Loans Work
- First time buyers and those already on the property ladder can apply.
- To qualify a 5% deposit is required.
- A 75% mortgage must be secured from your bank or building society.
- The remaining 20% of the property’s value is funded by an equity loan provided by the Government.
- House prices can’t be more than £600,000 in England and £300,000 in Wales.