Key Worker Housing Eligibility
There are a set amount of properties available from each housing association that are reserved exclusively for the use of Key workers, in order to be eligible for these homes each of the key worker job sectors have their own criteria set out below.
Please take note that eligible job roles may vary between local authorities, in order to establish definitive judgments it is advisable to contact local HomeBuy agencies.
Eligible key worker job roles and details:
Additional Eligibility criteria for key workers
Eligibility will be individually considered, but in addition to meeting the general requirements to apply for a LCHO, a key worker applying for home ownership assistance must:
- Have a household income of no more than £60,000 per annum.
- Be employed by a qualifying key worker profession.
- Have a minimum of 5 years to serve before reaching retirement.
Equity Loan Mortgage Calculator
Whether you're a first-time buyer or already a property owner you could buy a new home with a small deposit of 5%, heres how.
How Help to Buy Equity Loans Work
- First time buyers and those already on the property ladder can apply.
- To qualify a 5% deposit is required.
- A 75% mortgage must be secured from your bank or building society.
- The remaining 20% of the property’s value is funded by an equity loan provided by the Government.
- House prices can’t be more than £600,000 in England and £300,000 in Wales.