A series of agents, known as Homebuy Agents, are available for advice and help throughout the country. They are responsible for different regions, so contact your region’s agent for information and help regarding all the HomeBuy Schemes.

Local authority applicants employed in a London Local Planning Authority (LPA) as a planning officer must be part of one of the following grades:

  • Level L1 Basic Professional
  • Level L2 Experienced/Senior Professional
  • Level L3 Principal Professional – manage a single function or small team
  • Level L4 Divisional Head

Local authority applicants employed as a Social Worker must have attained a recognised professional Social Worker diploma or degree.

Unqualified Social Workers including graduate trainees are eligible for Intermediate Rent on the basis that they are registered with the General Social Care Council (GSCC). In addition to this they have to be working towards attaining social worker qualifications while applying for any HomeBuy scheme.

Other staff employed in Social Services Departments excluding Occupational Therapists and Educational Psychologists whom are not eligible.

  • Employed as a qualified Nursery Nurse
  • Employed as Local Authority Clinical Staff
  • Employed and qualified as a Speech & Language Therapist
  • Employed as a Rehabilitation Officer for the Visually Impaired
  • Employed as a Phenotyping Officer
  • Employed as an Educational Officer Of Looked After Children
  • Employed as a Connexions Personal Advisor though Connexions Personal Advisors employed by a Private/Voluntary Sector organisation are not eligible.