Ministry of Defence (MoD)
Applicants from the Ministry of Defence are given the opportunity to apply for:
- New Build HomeBuy
- Extended Open Market
- Intermediate Rent as long as applicants have completed their basic training course
In addition to the above, applicants have to be members of one of the following:
- Ministry of Defence Police Officers
- Uniformed staff in the Defence Fire Service
- Regular service personnel, this includes Military Provost Guard service in the Navy, Air Force and Army
- Clinical Staff not including doctors or dentists who so not qualify for Low Cost Home Ownership schemes.
All full time reserve service members (full commitment) qualify for Intermediate Rent schemes only.
Equity Loan Mortgage Calculator
Whether you're a first-time buyer or already a property owner you could buy a new home with a small deposit of 5%, heres how.
How Help to Buy Equity Loans Work
- First time buyers and those already on the property ladder can apply.
- To qualify a 5% deposit is required.
- A 75% mortgage must be secured from your bank or building society.
- The remaining 20% of the property’s value is funded by an equity loan provided by the Government.
- House prices can’t be more than £600,000 in England and £300,000 in Wales.