A key worker is a public sector employee who is considered to provide an essential service. The term is often used in the United Kingdom in the context of those essential workers who may find it difficult to buy property in the area where they work.
HomeBuy Schemes Available for Key Workers
Equity Loan Mortgage Calculator
Whether you're a first-time buyer or already a property owner you could buy a new home with a small deposit of 5%, heres how.
How Help to Buy Equity Loans Work
- First time buyers and those already on the property ladder can apply.
- To qualify a 5% deposit is required.
- A 75% mortgage must be secured from your bank or building society.
- The remaining 20% of the property’s value is funded by an equity loan provided by the Government.
- House prices can’t be more than £600,000 in England and £300,000 in Wales.
Without Help to Buy
With Help to Buy
|Help to Buy Loan||£10,000||20%|
This calculator is provided to give you basic guidance only. This information is computer-generated and relies on certain assumptions. It has only been designed to give a useful general indication of costs. Its important you always get a specific quote from the lender and double-check the price yourself before acting on the information. We cannot accept responsibility for any errorsand recommend that you obtain exact figures from a specific lender before committing to any mortgage.