Education covers all qualified nursery nurses working in specified nursery schools, teachers working in Local Education Authority (LEA) schools and sixth form colleges, lecturers in FE colleges, and child social workers employed by the LEA.

Not only do applicants working in the educational sector have to fit the general requirements for HomeBuy schemes, all teachers applying for home ownership must:

  • Have Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
  • Be employed as a qualified teacher, Deputy Head, Head teacher or Nursery Nurse in a grant maintained nursery, primary or secondary schools including:
    • City Technology Colleges
    • City Academies
    • Schools for children with special needs

Teachers in further education

Teachers in further education are advised to check the Capital Funding Guide to decide if there teaching qualifications meet the requirements of the regulations.

Mortgage Calculator

Equity Loan Mortgage Calculator

Whether you're a first-time buyer or already a property owner you could buy a new home with a small deposit of 5%, heres how.

How Help to Buy Equity Loans Work

  • First time buyers and those already on the property ladder can apply.
  • To qualify a 5% deposit is required.
  • A 75% mortgage must be secured from your bank or building society.
  • The remaining 20% of the property’s value is funded by an equity loan provided by the Government.
  • House prices can’t be more than £600,000 in England and £300,000 in Wales.