There are several government schemes that are either no longer available, or there are similar, better, and newer schemes in place that have made old schemes redundant.
The ticked schemes below are the more modern schemes whilst the crossed ones are out of date, no longer available or versions that have been surpassed by the newer schemes.
Equity Loan Mortgage Calculator
Whether you're a first-time buyer or already a property owner you could buy a new home with a small deposit of 5%, heres how.
How Help to Buy Equity Loans Work
- First time buyers and those already on the property ladder can apply.
- To qualify a 5% deposit is required.
- A 75% mortgage must be secured from your bank or building society.
- The remaining 20% of the property’s value is funded by an equity loan provided by the Government.
- House prices can’t be more than £600,000 in England and £300,000 in Wales.
Without Help to Buy
With Help to Buy
|Help to Buy Loan||£10,000||20%|
This calculator is provided to give you basic guidance only. This information is computer-generated and relies on certain assumptions. It has only been designed to give a useful general indication of costs. Its important you always get a specific quote from the lender and double-check the price yourself before acting on the information. We cannot accept responsibility for any errorsand recommend that you obtain exact figures from a specific lender before committing to any mortgage.