Key Worker Housing Eligibility
There are a set amount of properties available from each housing association that are reserved exclusively for the use of Key workers, in order to be eligible for these homes each of the key worker job sectors have their own criteria set out below.
Please take note that eligible job roles may vary between local authorities, in order to establish definitive judgments it is advisable to contact local HomeBuy agencies.
Eligible key worker job roles and details:
Additional Eligibility criteria for key workers
Eligibility will be individually considered, but in addition to meeting the general requirements to apply for a LCHO, a key worker applying for home ownership assistance must:
- Have a household income of no more than £60,000 per annum.
- Be employed by a qualifying key worker profession.
- Have a minimum of 5 years to serve before reaching retirement.
Note: For a free no obligation chat with an independant mortgage specialist about your requirements please complete our First time buyer mortgage enquiry form below.
First Time Buyer Mortgage Enquiry Form
- What is a Mortgage?
- Types of Mortgages
- Mortgage Fees
- Mortgage Repayment Options
- Can I Afford a Mortgage?
- How do Lenders Assess Borrowers?
- How to get the Right Mortgage Deals
- What to Take to a Mortgage Meeting
- What to Look for in a Mortgage
- Scheme Availability
- General Homebuy Rules
- London Help To Buy
- Starter Home Initiative
- Help to Buy Equity Loan
- Help to Buy 2 Mortgage Guarantee
- Help to Buy ISA
- Right to buy
- Social HomeBuy
- Shared Ownership Schemes
- Forces Help to Buy